Changes to Best Western Rewards®
To provide a better, more rewarding service to our valued guests, Best Western Rewards® is undergoing some exciting new changes which will take place from 1 January 2016.
With more than 4,000 locations in more than 100 countries – no matter how often you stay at a Best Western hotel, you’re sure to receive something extra as a member of Best Western Rewards®.
* Earned on full and eligible rates only; not earned on promotional, wholesale, last-minute rates, or bookings made on third party and online travel agency sites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When do the program changes take effect?
The new Best Western Rewards program begins 1 January 2016.
2. Why are you making these changes?
Best Western Rewards is widely acknowledged as one of the premier loyalty programs within the travel industry. These changes reflect a continued commitment to provide our members with superior customer care.
3. I haven’t had activity recently. Will my points expire?
Under the current program, points expire after 12 months of inactivity. After 1 January 2016, points will no longer expire. If you haven’t had account activity recently, be sure to log in to your account and check the date of your last transaction to make sure you won’t lose your points before the new rule takes effect.
4. Will it become easier to earn points in the new program?
Absolutely. Many rate plans do not earn points today. While some reservations will continue to be ineligible for points, the overwhelming majority of reservations will be eligible to earn points.
5. What are the benefits of the new Gold and Diamond Select elite levels?
Gold elite members will receive a bonus of 10%. Diamond Select members will receive a bonus of 50%, in addition to other exclusive benefits. Your activity after 1 January 2016 will count toward qualification in these new elite levels.
6. Will the number of points required for free night redemption increase?
Today, the number of points required for a free night at a given hotel is typically the same year-round. After 1 January, point levels will be adjusted to vary by month. While certain hotels may require more points at certain times of the year, the overall number of points required for redemption is expected to decrease. To view hotel-specific point level requirements, please select ‘Best Western Rewards points’ from the special rates drop-down box on www.bestwestern.com/rewards
7. Will the number of rooms available for free night redemption increase?
Absolutely—as part of these changes, every Best Western branded hotel will make a certain portion of its rooms available for free night redemption. In addition, free nights will no longer be subject to blackout dates.
8. What else besides free nights will I be able to get with my points?
In addition to free night vouchers, Best Western Travel Cards, and airline miles and a number of gift cards will be offered under the new program.
9. How do I review and update my account information?
To view your account information, please log on to www.bestwestern.com/rewards. If you need assistance logging in, please call 1800 222 422.
10. What if I no longer wish to participate in the program?
If you would like to discontinue your membership in the Best Western Rewards program, please call 1800 222 422.
11. Will I be receiving a new membership card?
If you met the qualifications for elite status in 2015 (10 or more night OR 10,000 or more points), you will receive new membership credentials. Alternatively, if you did not meet the criteria for elite status, you may request that a card be sent to you by logging in to www.bestwestern.com/rewards or calling 1800 222 422. Your account number will not be changing.